DETROIT – Starting this month, if you crash a Cadillac SLS into The Great Wall of China, OnStar will dispatch aid. OnStar executives confirm the Chinese-market rollout of its concierge service in the crest-and-wreath brand’s fullsize luxury sedan. And OnStar’s hands-free calling service will offer voice recognition in Mandarin, which is no mean feat: the Asian language is regarded among the most difficult to discern with software. “It has a lot of tones,” explains Nan Ratner, chair of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OnStar Enters China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642