General Motors Corp. expects to increase installation of its OnStar system from 75,000 vehicles this year to 900,000 in the '00 model year, despite holding the line on the number of models that will be available with the device. A large part of that boost will come from Cadillac. The luxury division will install OnStar, a concierge and information service that uses satellite and cellular phone technology, as standard equipment on every vehicle beginning Dec. 1. The new installations will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OnStar Targeted for Explosive Growth in '00" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642