VIENNA – Fiat-GM Powertrain’s Austrian arm, Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, celebrates the inauguration of its new M20/32 6-speed transmission plant here. The investment of €380 million ($463 million) marks the largest single retooling in the 22-year history of the Austrian plant. Opel Austria has made 13.6 million transmissions since 1984. The new gearbox family is to be installed in several Opel/Vauxhall, Saab, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Lancia cars and commercial vehicles. Shipments to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Austria Inaugurates New 6-Speed Transmission Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642