FARO, Portugal — The new Opel Speedster presents Europe's driving enthusiasts with an unexpected conundrum: to drive or not to drive. This is a car that surely begs to be driven fast, but because it's being built in limited quantities, it may be shelved in several private vehicle collections for safekeeping. To tempt drivers, General Motors Corp.'s Adam Opel AG installed its peppy aluminum 2.2L 147-hp powerplant mid-ship in the radically-styled sportscar, known in the U.K. as the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel goes topless with new Speedster, Astra Cabrio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642