GLIWICE, Poland – Opel Polska Sp. z.o.o. has phased out production of the first-generation Opel Astra, the Astra Classic, at its Polish plant here. After manufacturing of the first Astra in Western Europe ceased in 1998, production was transferred to Poland. More than 103,000 Astra Classics were built between August 1998 and June 2002. The cars were distributed at selected Eastern European markets. Currently only the Opel Agila microvan, a sister model of the Suzuki Wagon R+, is produced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Polska Stops Production of Opel Astra Classic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642