DETROIT – Owens Corning will showcase a prototype flat-panel speaker at the Society of Automotive Engineers trade show in Detroit next month. The technology, which uses surface material to transmit sound throughout the vehicle, likely will debut in 2004 on an ’05 model vehicle, says Andy Hopkins, general manager-Owens Corning Automotive. Flat-panel speaker technology places miniature exciters behind the interior walls of a vehicle – inside a door panel, instrument panel, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Owens Corning Readies Concept for SAE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642