It is second-time lucky for Australia’s Labor government as its wins Senate approval for a massive and controversial, increase in the surtax on so-called luxury cars. The Australian Senate rejected the proposed legislation earlier this month in a 34-33 vote. The tax on cars costing more than A$57,180 ($47,892) now rises to 33%, from 25%, after five Australian Greens Party senators and two independents give the government the majority vote it needed, according to a transcript of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Government Wins Senate Votes to Boost Luxury-Car Surtax" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642