The Federation of Automotive Products Manufacturers warns the Australian government more than 7,000 jobs could be lost if action is not immediately taken to boost domestic vehicle sales, the Melbourne Age newspaper reports. With fleet purchases comprising 80% of Australian-made car sales, the 176-member FAPM wants the government to speed up the turnover of its fleets, possibly donating used vehicles as part of its budget for overseas aid. It also wants the fringe benefits tax paid on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Parts Makers Urge Government Action to Stem More Job Losses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642