DEARBORN – Perhaps no one has greater insight into what went wrong with Ford Motor Co.’s Premier Automotive Group than Mark Fields, president-The Americas. PAG was established in 1998 during Jacques Nasser’s tenure as Ford CEO and at one point the luxury group included the Lincoln, Aston Martin, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover brands. Fields, who led PAG from 2002-2005, is hesitant to pinpoint exactly went wrong but hints the plan was overly ambitious. “Never let your eyes get bigger than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PAG Doomed From Start?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642