After a period of delays, Volkswagen AG offers the U.S. its first all-wheel drive (AWD) passenger-car in more than a decade. U.S. buyers now can order the Passat midsize sedan with VW's AWD 4Motion system. The 4Motion hardware is a $1,600 option, offered exclusively for 2.8L SOHC V-6-equipped Passats with the 5-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission. For the U.S. market, the 1988 Quantum wagon was the last VW-brand passenger vehicle to offer AWD. Because the Passat uses a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Passat's 4Motion moves brand upscale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642