The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. begins investigating 210,626 ’98-’01 model Audi A4 and A6 sedans due to reports of pedals breaking. NHTSA has received two such reports in which a bracket that connects the pedals to the instrument panel came apart. One of the two episodes involved an accident resulting in two fatalities. Audi parent Volkswagen AG says the accident occurred in Europe, but it is cooperating with NHTSA’s request for information. No recall has been issued.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pedals in Audi A4s, A6s Investigated" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642