Negotiations are ongoing for Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua), one of two Malaysian national auto makers, to assemble Toyota Motor Corp. vehicles beginning in October 2004. Some 2,000 units are expected to be assembled per month. The company also plans to introduce new models with engine capacities of 1.0L and 1.3L from May 2005. "While Proton (the country’s other national auto maker) comes to our market, we are going to their place," Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Omar, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Perodua in Talks to Assemble Toyota Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642