A Peugeot 308 XS HDi completes a 25-day, 9,112-mile (14,580-km) road trip around Australia and beats two fuel-economy records in the process. Piloted around the island continent by independent drivers John and Helen Taylor, the diesel hatchback averaged 75.2 mpg (3.1 L/100 km). This figure breaks the former record of 67.4 mpg (3.5 L/100 km), set in 2004 in a Peugeot 307, achieving the Guinness World Records’ Round Australia Diesel Economy World Record, as well as the overall Round ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot 308 Diesel Breaks World Fuel-Economy Records Around Oz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642