TURIN — The Freelander, easily Land Rover's best-selling model and Europe's most-popular sport/utility vehicle (SUV), could face its toughest challenge from a two-pronged Fiat SpA-Mitsubishi Motors Corp. attack. Sales of the Italian-produced Mitsubishi Pinin compact SUV began this month, while the U.K. plans a Jan. 1 launch. Fiat's version is expected to hit pan-European showrooms in June 2001. The Pinin is named in honor of Pinin Farina, Pinin being the nickname of Battista, the founder ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pinin pins hopes on joint MMC, Fiat effort" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642