The Italian niche car maker, design and engineering firm last December entered a 50/50 joint venture with Bollore Group SA, a French conglomerate with ambitions to become an auto maker. The agreement calls for building up to 1,000 4-seat electric cars in 2009 and up to 15,000 annually by 2013, should the market develop. But Pininfarina, short of cash and lacking customers, announced earlier this week a need to increase capital by €100 million ($150 million). A spokesman for Bollore says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pininfarina Hangs Hopes on Bollore Electric-Car Venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642