TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Most alternative materials have a simple long- and short-term goal: replace steel wherever and whenever they can. Rod Lowman, president of the American Plastics Council, takes a very different route here, revealing a 20-year strategy aimed at creating new opportunities for plastic in future cars and trucks. Dubbed the Vision and Technology Roadmap for automotive plastics, it was developed by a coalition of plastics producers, auto makers, Tier One suppliers, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Plastics Industry Reveals 20-Year Vision" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642