The ongoing Ford Motor Co. and Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tire recall has a newly empowered National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) poised to issue an all-new light vehicle rollover “rating” similar to its well-known “star” system for rating crash worthiness. To determine a vehicle's propensity to roll, the agency promoted a NHTSA-developed mathematical formula known as “Static Stability Factor (SSF)” (see WEVTU - Oct. 1, '00, p.1). The agency has for decades collected the data used ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Plenty of rollover info already available" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642