NEW YORK â A decade ago, engineers still were talking about using computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) simply to replace old-fashioned blueprints. Now its successor, product lifecycle management (PLM) software, is driving the entire vehicle development process. âWithout PLM, you would not have the number of launches or proliferation of models today,â says Richard Gerth, a research scientist with the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, MI. âPLM is not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PLM Emerging as âMother of All Processesâ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642