Political indications are the budget for the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) will not be halved, and may in fact end up higher than the original request in the fiscal-2001 spending bill for the Interior Department. On June 14, the House voted to cut the budget by $126.5 million for the joint government/industry program searching for a more efficient automobile (see WEVTU — June 1, '00 p.8). But a Ford Motor Co. spokeswoman says she is confident it will pass the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PNGV money may be saved" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642