Pontiac will try to squeeze more performance into its vehicle menu next year with plans to produce a G6 GXP coupe. The new variant, to be built on the current G6 global midsize vehicle architecture (Epsilon), likely will make use of GM’s updated 275-hp 3.6L V-6 found in the new GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook cross/utility vehicles, Ward’s learns. Another engine candidate for the GXP, arriving late next year as an ’08 model, is GM’s new direct gasoline-injection 3.6L V-6 that utilizes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pontiac Planning G6 GXP Performance Coupe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642