DETROIT -- Few in the industry would call vaunted sports car maker Porsche AG a supplier, but that’s what the company plans to become, as reports from Europe indicate Porsche will deliver its carbon-ceramic brake systems to larger automakers. The pricey high-performance brakes, already fitted to low-volume vehicles such as Porsche’s 911 Turbo and the Mercedes-Benz CLK55 F1, will be made by Porsche for Volkswagen AG and Audi AG beginning in 2002, says a report from Kolner Express. By 2004, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to Become Supplier" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642