Porsche AG says it will build some 1,000 Carrera GTs at its new Leipzig, Germany, assembly plant, which also produces the new ’03 Cayenne SUV. Porsche says the car will be powered by a 6L DOHC V-10 producing a DIN output of 558 hp and 330 lb.-ft. (456 Nm) of torque. Production of the V-10 Carrera GT – scheduled to go on sale in the second half of 2003 – will create 70 new jobs at Leipzig and an additional 25 jobs at Porsche’s Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, Germany, engine plant, where the V-10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to Build Carrera at Cayenne Plant in Germany" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642