DETROIT – Don’t believe anything you may have read about Porsche Cayenne horsepower. Not until the auto maker makes the appropriate clarifications, Ward’s reveals. Outputs made by Porsche’s first SUV – 340 hp for ’03 Cayenne S and 450 hp for the twin turbocharged model – are measured in DIN units. But unlike information about its other products, Cayenne advertising on Porsche’s U.S. Internet server lacks disclaimers to distinguish the DIN rating from the North American standard, SAE net. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche DIN-ies Cayenne Con" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642