Porsche AG announces a contract extension with Valmet Automotive, a Finland-based producer of low-volume cars, through 2011. Valmet, which builds both the Cayman and Boxster sports cars for Porsche at its Uusikaupunki, Finland, plant, announced late last year it was trimming 260 jobs, or about 25% of its workforce. At the time, Valmet cited weakening demand for the models it produces as the reason for the cutback. The plant reduced builds from 150 cars daily to about 132 by late 2006. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Extends Contract With Finlandâ€™s Valmet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642