DETROIT — Porsche AG debuts its all-new concept turbocharged 911 GT2 here at the North American International Auto Show. The teflon-slick coupe produces 456 hp at 5,700 rpm — a 41-hp increase over the standard 911 Turbo. Apart from the extra engine power, additional performance can be attributed to a true rear-wheel-drive setup: Eliminating the 911 Turbo's all-wheel-drive system alleviates the new GT2 of 220 lbs. (100 kg) and gives the car a power-to-weight ratio of 6.8 lbs. (3 kg) per ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche rolls out hot GT2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642