Aiming for a world-class launch, General Motors Corp. has begun building pre-production models of the Chevrolet Avalanche at its Silao, Mexico, plant. Gary White, vehicle line executive-large pickups and sport/utility vehicles (SUVs), says his goal is to have the Avalanche in volume at dealers by early summer. He is forecasting sales of 100,000 units in the first year and says output could go higher if demand warrants. That should be good news for GM bean counters, because Mr. White says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pre-Production Begins on GM's Avalanche" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642