Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta requests that Congress seek to align passenger-car fuel economy standards with pending light-truck standards. In letters sent this week to Senate and House leaders, Mineta – on the President’s behalf – urges “prompt action” authorizing the U.S. Dept. of Transportation to undertake the initiative. Ward’s obtained copies of the letters from the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. “The President believes these actions are critical to promoting our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"President Targets Passenger-Car Fuel Economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642