At a time when car buyers are focused on rising fuel costs and less dependence on foreign oil, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s popular Prius hybrid-electric vehicle is experiencing its first year-on-year sales decline in more than two years. Ward’s data shows 6,547 units were sold in February, 531 less than in like-2005, for a 7.5% year-on-year decrease, adjusted for selling days. It marks the first time since the second-generation Prius hit the U.S. market in October 2003 that monthly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prius Sales See First Drop in 28 Months" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642