Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. reports sales of its core-brand Prius hybrid-electric car slid 15.4% in June, a rare decline for the vehicle that usually posts increases. Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager-Toyota Div., blames a “shift in the market away from sedans.” He also tells a sales briefing today that low gas prices and slumping demand along the West Coast, a hotbed of Prius popularity, were contributing factors. However, overall HEV sales are up slightly this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prius Sees Rare Decline in Lackluster Hybrid Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642