While the benefits of a General Motors Corp./Renault SA/Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. tie-up remain a hotly debated subject, most industry observers agree such a mega-alliance would have one implicit goal: slowing the Toyota Motor Corp. juggernaut. In a July 14 joint statement, GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner and Carlos Ghosn, CEO of both Renault and Nissan, said they plan to take 90 days for their teams to analyze whether a 3-way tie up would help their companies reach major goals of shedding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proposed 3-Way Alliance Only Way to Slow Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642