CANBERRA – Malaysian auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) says it might be interested in Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.'s plant in Adelaide, if the Japanese car company decides to quit vehicle assembly in Australia. Could Proton Arena be built in Australia? The Herald Sun newspaper says Proton CEO Mahaleel Tengku Ariff told Australian journalists visiting Kuala Lumpur that his company had looked at manufacturing in Australia once before but rejected such a move ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Interested in Plant If MMC Exits Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642