Malaysian auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) posts record fiscal year earnings, thanks to increased vehicle sales and higher margins. Proton’s net profit for the just-ended fiscal year (March 31) was four times last year’s, at 1.12 billion ringgit ($294.8 million) vs. 297.7 million ringgit ($78.3 million), beating analysts’ estimates of 986.4 million ringgit ($259.6 million). Proton experienced a 23% jump in sales, with 239,783 units sold vs. 195,228 a year ago. Proton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Posts Record Earnings on Increased Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642