Proton Holdings Bhd. clears the bottlenecks surrounding engine supply constraints for its GEN.2 model and now says it sees the vehicle’s domestic sales doubling this year. Proton CEO Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff says GEN.2 sales should reach 60,000 units as a result of the resolution. GEN.2 sales have reached only 30,000 units since its launch last year. “When it (GEN.2) was launched, we faced engine supply problems, but now the supply is coming in,” Tengku Ariff is quoted as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Resolves GEN.2 Engine Supply Issues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642