A frequently asked question in Malaysia’s motor industry is whether national auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) is ready for the Assn. of Southeast Asian Nation’s Free Trade Area (AFTA) pact. As far as Proton CEO Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff is concerned, the company not only is ready but also plans to expand beyond Malaysian shores. Proton will soon be selling its passenger car in China. The expansion strategy will make Proton a cost-efficient car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Revs Up for AFTA Sales, Looks to China and Beyond" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642