In the early 1980s, former motoring journalist and wild man Bob Hall sold the vision of a traditional British-style roadster to Mazda Motor Corp. President Kenichi Yamamoto. Although his Japanese masters regarded him as effectively out of control, Hall became the MX-5’s senior product planner. Hall says he won’t shepherd Miata for Proton. Mazda’s brilliant Miata sports car – 700,000 produced and counting – owes its existence to an American whose encyclopedic knowledge of cars (and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Taps Former Journalist, Mazda Exec as New Product Guru" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642