Maxwell Technologies provides WEVTU with this photo of its prototype 42-volt, 20-cell ultracapacitor assembly being developed for vehicle energy storage applications (see WEVTU — Feb 1, '01, p. 6). Business development manager Richard Smith says the individual cells have a nominal voltage rating of 2.1 volts (and 2.5 volts peak), hence 42-volts to 50-volts nominal/peak for the 20-cell pack, which weighs 38 lbs. (17.3 kg) and is 17 ins. × 12 ins. × 7.5 ins. (43 cm × 30 cm × 19 cm) shown ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prototype 38-lb., 15-kW ultracapacitor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642