VIENNA — Pilot production of the popular PT Cruiser begins in Austria with Job One scheduled for mid-July. DaimlerChrysler AG's Eurostar Automobilwerk GmbH & Co. KG plant will build the vehicle at its facility in Graz. Some 18,000 units will be produced this year, with 50,000 units annually to follow in 2002. The Chrysler Voyager minivan also is built at the plant. Eurostar has separate body-in-white areas for each vehicle, which then converge to be finished on the same line. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PT Cruiser production to begin at Graz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642