Toyota Motor Corp. is resurrecting the RAV4 electric-vehicle nameplate thanks to its recent partnership with California EV-maker Telsa Motors Inc., but is not anticipating considerable sales for the modified cross/utility model, at least initially. Tesla will install its electric-powertrain technology in the RAV4, and prototypes will be delivered to Toyota early next year. A production version is expected in 2012. The companies inked an EV-development pact in May but have not revealed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RAV4 EV Back, But Toyota Treading Cautiously" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642