Australians bought a record 255,068 new vehicles in the year’s first three months for an 8.7% increase over like-2006, data from industry statistician VFACTS shows. The result was comfortably ahead of the previous first-quarter record of 237,000 units set in 2005 and puts the Australian industry well on track to reach 1 million sales this year for the first time ever. “With 8% growth, we would be well and truly over 1 million,” Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Peter Sturrock ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Record Q1 Puts Oz on Track for 1 Million Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642