BEIJING — All indications point to China heightening its campaign of state-owned enterprise reform. And its newest plan for success: more failure. A government newspaper recently called for an increase in the number of state firms that should be forced to merge or allowed to go under, including a good number in the automotive sector. The call to boost state-sector bankruptcies follows a recent meeting of state industry officials, at which Chinese President Jiang Zemin strongly advised the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reform plan calls for more state-sector bankruptcies, mergers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642