DETROIT – Upcoming pedestrian-impact regulations in Europe are preventing General Motors Corp. from selling a version of its ’06 Pontiac Solstice there, company executives tell Ward’s at the North American International Auto Show. Kappa-based vehicles won’t be sold in Europe. The Pontiac roadster is based on GM’s new Kappa small-car rear-wheel-drive platform, which also has spawned the Saturn Curve, Chevy Nomad and U.K.-designed Vauxhall VX Lightening concept cars. “We would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Regs Rule Out Solstice for Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642