PARIS — Renault SA hires one of Volkswagen AG's star executives to replace Carlos Ghosn, who became chief operating officer of Nissan Motor Co. late last month. Pierre-Alain de Smedt, 55, will become the No. 2 executive at Renault, in charge of purchasing, manufacturing, future projects and South America. He was chairman of VW's Spanish subsidiary SEAT SA. De Smedt, like Ghosn, has a very broad background. He has worked for suppliers Solvay SA, Siemens AG and Robert Bosch AG, and at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault hires VW executive for No.2 spot" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642