Renault SA reportedly may build some of its own models at its Pusan, South Korean, subsidiary plant, Renault Samsung Motors Inc. Samsung Motors makes one model at the plant, the SM5, which is based on a Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. vehicle platform. Renault owns a 37% stake in Nissan and has held a majority share in Samsung since May 2000.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Mulling Korean-Built Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642