VIENNA – French auto maker Renault SA acquires Fiat Auto SpA’s 20% holding in Moroccan assembler Societe Marocaine de Construction Automobile (SOMACA) for €4.5 million ($5.8 million). The purchase raises Renault’s equity in SOMACA from 34% to 54%, with the Moroccan government maintaining its 12% share. The company builds the Renault Kangoo and will begin production of the Logan in June. Other shareholders include PSA Peugeot Citroen with 20% and a group of private investors with 14%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Raises Stake in Moroccan Assembler SOMACA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642