Renault Samsung Motors Corp. posts a 166 billion won ($134 million) profit for fiscal 2002 on strong sales and cost-cutting efforts, bettering its own profitability target by two years. Sales rose 60% to 1.775 trillion won ($1.46 billion). Unit sales hit 117,087, and Renault Samsung now has 9.4% of the South Korean auto market. Of the total, 116,793 vehicles were sold in the home market, say reports. For 2003 the auto maker plans to sell 136,000 cars. It can now produce more vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Samsung in Black Ahead of Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642