GENEVA — Nothing hurts Ford Motor Co. or Volkswagen AG more than these figures: in 1999, Renault SA sold 284,000 Megane Scenics, almost half the 600,000 Megane variants produced. Launched as long ago as 1996, the Scenic, as the first small multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), has been a smash hit for Renault, generating brand interest while earning the overt envy of all its rivals. Ford planned a Focus-based rival, just as VW responded with a Golf MPV. Both were reacting to the Scenic. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Scenic stalls European rivals in their tracks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642