Buick is promising its new Rendezvous crossover utility vehicle will substantially undercut competitors on price when it hits dealerships during second quarter 2001. “We don't have final pricing. But our goal is to give our dealers a distinct advantage over the import competition,” says Jack Bowen, Rendezvous brand manager, noting that the average transaction price for a Lexus RX300 is $40,000 and an Acura MDX is around $37,000. “We won't be anywhere near that.” Buick already has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rendezvous to Emphasize Price Advantage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642