Navistar International Corp. is said to be working on creating a V-6 engine with common rail fuel injection, says Stark’s Component Ledger. Navistar reportedly has been developing the system for the past three years for V-6 and V-8 diesel engines for Ford Motor Co. that have common unit injectors. Ford urged Navistar to adopt a common rail injection system for the lighter weight V-6 engines it is developing for the auto maker, says Stark’s.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Report: Navistar to Build V-6 with Common Rail Injection" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642