When Troy, MI-based New Venture Gear Inc. started development of its newest 4-wheel-drive light truck transfer case, it turned to Vespel polyimide resin with 15% graphite for its thrust washers, says DuPont, maker of Vespel. The thrust washers were subjected to hours-long testing in vehicles carrying maximum loads up 10% grades, says DuPont. The company says the washers show little signs of wear, even when starved of lubrication. The NVG transfer case is designed for use in light trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Resin holds up in transfer case duty" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642