A 1.2L 4-cyl. turbodiesel “mild” hybrid system, expected to replace 2L diesels in C-class size cars and provide a fuel economy improvement of 20%, will begin road tests this year and be ready for customer presentations in 2002. The joint venture brings together advanced Ricardo Inc. diesel technology and Valeo SA’s 42-volt starter/generator/flywheel hybrid unit in a system that will showcase a number of advances. The targeted 59 mpg (4L/100 km) fuel economy, electrically heated exhaust ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ricardo/Valeo Begin Hybrid Road Test" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642